It’s almost time to bring 2014 to a close, and time for me to be mopey and have some introspection. I must say, 2014 had lots of surprises in store for me. Of course there have been some bumps along the way, but overall, 2014 was a great year for me. This is in stark contrast to 2013, where I had a very dark phase in my life. I lost everything. My health (physical, mental and emotional), my confidence, my pride, my happiness, my sanity. It was a very, very steep learning curve, and I learnt a lot from it. This time, 2014 has been a much happier year for me. And for that, I am thankful.
What I’ve learnt:
– Good times don’t last forever. Bad times don’t last forever too.
– Appreciate family and friends who still stuck with you through your darkest hour.
– When God closes many doors, He eventually leads you to a door that is more suitable for you, even though you may not see it as such, at that point in time.
– Like the story of Job, when God takes everything away from you, He will return everything to you, double, threefold, what He took away from you. He will give you a lot more in return. Only if you have some faith, trust, pray for grace and mercy, and have others pray for you too. Believe in the power of prayer.
– I’ve to remember, that I am not alone in my walk/journey.
– You’re stronger than you think.
– When you’ve hit rock bottom, the only way to go, is slowly back up. Slowly, but surely. With time.
– Trust and obey.
– Sometimes, you stand taller when you’re on your knees. And when you fall, you fly.
– Everything, in good time.
This time, I’m ending the year on a high note. And I hope my happiness will follow me, well into 2015. 2015, I’m ready for you.